[poppler] Issues while running pdfimages from Poppler

Manthan Jamdagni manthan29jamdagni at yahoo.in
Tue May 15 11:29:51 UTC 2018

Greetings everyone,

I am building Poppler on an EC2 hosts and I am facing few problems and wanted few clarifications regarding the same. I build poppler as suggested to get the utilities, the binaries are created successfully and build is successful but they fail to run with a couple of errors which are as follows -

1. error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I had libcurl.so.4 installed on my system so I copied it and renamed it to libcurl.so.3 which fixed this error.
2. error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, now for this I have libjpeg.so.8 in my Ec2 host,
    I can again rename the shared library to make it work, but this is very hackish and I wanted some better solution.
Is there a way to make poppler run with these new shared libs?

I also had another query, so I encountered the above mentioned errors while running pdfimages, so I was wondering why is curl required for pdfimages to extract images out of pdf. Can someone also explain this to me?
I am very new to this domain so pardon my lack of knowledge,

Thanks,
Manthan