[poppler] Question Poppler/pdftops on AIX 7.1

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Jan 25 19:03:12 UTC 2019

El dijous, 24 de gener de 2019, a les 22:06:01 CET, Justin Latus va escriure:
> Hello I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this ?
>
> Thanks... Justin Latus
>
> I have downloaded and installed Poppler 0.22.5 (and dependencies) on AIX 7.1.0.0. I obtained the packages from http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Poppler

0.22.5 is more than 5 years old, i suggest you get yourself a newer version, either by compiling it yourself or getting someone to compile it for you.

> When I try pdftops I am getting unresolved symbols in libcrypto.so.1.0.1 (part of openssl-1.0.2n)
>
> I get
>
> aix0056.uticadns.com:root /home/jlatus >pdftops
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program pdftops because of the following errors:
>         0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for pdftops because:
>         0509-136   Symbol strcmp (number 24) is not exported from
>                    dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a(libcryptoso.1.0.1).
>         0509-136   Symbol memmove (number 25) is not exported from
>                    dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a(libcryptoso.1.0.1).
>         0509-136   Symbol strncpy (number 26) is not exported from
>                    dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a(libcryptoso.1.0.1).
>         0509-136   Symbol strcpy (number 27) is not exported from
>                    dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a(libcryptoso.1.0.1).
>         0509-136   Symbol bcopy (number 28) is not exported from
>                    dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a(libcryptoso.1.0.1).
>         0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
>                  'dump -Tv' command.
>

> My LIBPATH=/opt/freeware/lib:/usr/lib.
>
> See rpm -qa installed list below.  Any thoughts on how to fix ?

Ask the person that did those packages, i don't think anyone here has much or any interest on AIX