[poppler] PDF to PNG conversion

Allan Jensen poppler654 at allanid.com
Wed Jun 26 15:00:01 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have been using Ghostscript to convert PDF files (that have been created with PDFlib) to PNG
images, but have found that out that we need to a commercial license - and it is outrageously
expensive (like $10k/yr minimum!).

So in my search for viable alternatives I came across Poppler (and xpdf). I need to do the
conversion on a Linux system (specifically 64bit Amazon Linux/2.8.2). Can I use Poppler for this
purpose, and if so how would I go about it?

I'm a web programmer so I'm not much into C++ and those low-level languages. My web languages are
PHP and Node.js, and I found this PHP wrapper: https://github.com/php-poppler/php-poppler - but I'm
not sure how to install Poppler. Anyone who can help me with that?

Regards,
Allan Jensen