[poppler] PDF 2.0 Spec (answer from FSFE)

Tobias Deiminger haxtibal at posteo.de
Tue Mar 5 08:08:34 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

below is a copy of an answer from FSF Europe regarding
what we can do to get access to PDF ISO standard. Thanks
again to Max Mehl and LUGOS, in case you're reading here.

The bottom line is, we should try to find an organisation that
is/becomes member of a national standardisation body (170€/year)
on behalf of poppler, and poppler devs need to be member of that
org in turn. This way we get (free) access to drafts of standards
and could even influence the standards development.

Friendly orgs to ask may be
- KDE e.V.
- GNOME Foundation
- The Document Foundation

What's your opinion / preference about that? Would you be ok with
becoming a member of one of that orgs? If you're interested,
I can carry on contacting named orgs regarding the idea.

Cheers
Tobias

--- snip, copy of answer starts here ---