[poppler] PDF 2.0 Spec (answer from FSFE)

Germán Poo-Caamaño gpoo at gnome.org
Tue Mar 12 12:48:41 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-03-10 at 12:51 +0000, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> German, that is not entirely correct.   It is entirely based on the
> type/category of Liaison.
>
> The PDF Association holds the highest class (A) of Liaison with the
> ISO and thus not only has full access to the drafts, but also has
> both voting and meeting attendance rights.   That's why I suggested
> it.

Maybe we are talking about two different things.

I am not arguing the PDF Association status in the ISO. I am arguing
the Liaison membership in the PDF Association. In the link I cited, it
clearly says that Liaison members of the PDFA do not have access to
drafts of upcoming ISO standards.

If any of us would like access to the drafts by becoming a member of
PDFA, then Liaison will not work for us. Unless there is missing
information or they hold exceptions.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/