[poppler] How to normalize MathematicalPi text?

Jason Crain jason at inspiresomeone.us
Wed Mar 13 15:05:36 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 01:54:26PM +0100, Jeroen Ooms wrote:
> I think what would be needed is to construct a table that maps the
> Mathematical-Pi characters into their proper unicode values.

The PDF creator should be providing that table, called the ToUnicode
map, in the font's data structures. Since this font doesn't provide one,
poppler has to guess what the Unicode value could be and it guesses
wrong.

If you were to provide a map that says, for this font, character code
"^A" maps to "β", that should work.