[poppler] Big image splash support

Martin (gzlist) gzlist at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 28 00:09:29 UTC 2020

Thank you for coming back to this Albert, and I hope you had a good conference.

On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 at 21:18, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> Or there is nothing to fix because we know the code works, which is the case here.

To clarify, the current code is technically wrong in many places, but
guarded by the hard limit in the allocator, as described in my initial
message.

> Doing changes for the sake of changing things is sometimes something we do,

The changes are not "for the sake of [it]", they are to support the
goal "big images" as named in the title of this thread.

> but we need to feel it, on those patches i wasn't feelint it.

I don't know how to move forward in response to this.

I'm unclear if your "feel it" has specific objections. You've not
stated that you would not accept any patches to the current allocator
limit, but perhaps that's the case?

Martin