[poppler] API for outline/table of contents modification

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Sun May 2 15:08:13 UTC 2021

Hi Rob,

> 2. After writing a bit of code to add an outline and save the
> resulting PDF, the file had a trailer section which referred to the
> new Catalog dictionary as expected.  However, the new Catalog
> dictionary had the same object and generation numbers as the old one.
> So there were now two 'obj 1 0' in the file; is this expected
> behavior?

I don't think it is.  And from my understanding of the spec the generation
number is practically always 0, so incrementing it may not be the
correct solution.

It will be easier to help you if we can see your code.
Maybe you can share your current patch at

   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler

Best,
Oliver