[Portland] Project Portland, RuDI and the Generic desktop adapter

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Wed Dec 7 14:00:26 EET 2005

Hi,

May i join in your discussion? :-)

I have already written a poposal and a prototype for a cross desktop
interface in between applications and desktops, called "The Generic
Desktop Adapter". It seems very close to what "RuDI" wants to achieve,
but using a traditional in-process library approach with dlopen().

http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/dadapt/

Perhaps you can give me some feedback on my proposal and tell me if it
makes sense to continue working in that direction.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Norbert