[Portland] ZDNet: "Portland looks to unite Linux GUIs"

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 4 21:04:53 EEST 2006

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39261429,00.htm

"Portland looks to unite Linux GUIs
LinuxWorld: OSDL coders are looking to solve one of Linux's
greatest problems for developers: the battle between GNOME and KDE
The Open Source Developer Labs is previewing work that
attempts to make life easier for software companies by
bridging GNOME and KDE, the two competing graphical
interfaces most widely used with Linux.
..."

The leadin makes it sound like we're really trying to unify gnome and kde.
I hope people don't get confused about what we're trying to do here.

But I guess it would be fair if they did; we certainly aren't of one
mind ourselves.
- Dan