[Portland] Patch to xdg-su

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Apr 8 22:18:01 EEST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 09:43, Bastian, Waldo wrote:
> I have added the changes to CVS.
>
> I think the scripts should take full care of command line parsing and
> the return values. So it shouldn't pass command line options to the
> native method (e.g. kdesu or gnomesu in this case) if those command line
> options aren't documented as such in the documentation of the xdg-*
> script. Like wise, the script should generate its own return values and
> define what all return values mean.

Good point!

To collect and discuss standard return values I'll start with some:

0 -> success (obviously)

1 -> wrong number of arguments, usage gets printed

2 -> malformed argument in cases where the script can determine that

3 -> operation not possible, i.e. necessary delegate application not available

4 -> operation failed, i.e delege application returned != 0

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>