[Portland] xdg-utils test suite

Whipple, Tom tom.whipple at intel.com
Tue Jul 18 17:33:42 PDT 2006

All,

I have checked in a test suite for xdg-utils in
<Portland>/xdg-utils/tests.

To run: cd <Portland>/xdg-utls/tests
$ ./testrun

A few notes:

1. It is not yet totally complete, but I believe that I have good
coverage of the "install time" utilities. Feel free to suggest additions
or deletions to what is tested.

2. It the default run features interactive tests. They are designed to
be useful in cases where someone must visually verify the presence of a
GUI component. (But, they can be disabled with testrun -I)

3. Many of the tests fail in my development environment (SUSE
10.0/Gnome), but mostly this is due to unexpected output on
STDOUT/STDERR.

4. Tests that have the status NORESULT mean that some prerequisite
failed, while tests with status UNTESTED mean that root access was
required and the test is not being run as root (or vice versa.)

I will be continuing to check in tests in the coming days in preparation
for release BETA2 of Portland.

As always, any comments or criticisms are welcome.

-tom