[Portland] printing?

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Fri Jun 2 11:02:09 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I notice that one of the long term IntegrationTasks is printing
documents.  Could someone explain how this will work?

I'm interested in this area because this is one of the really weak areas
in Inkscape - the print dialog consists of a text field where you type
in "| lpr -PMyPrinter".  (Seriously.)

Anyway, I think it'd be great if we could just gain this functionality
through an xdg tool, esp. if it'd also allow inkscape to hook in with
the print subsystem for the user's desktop environment.

Bryce