[Portland] Duplicate MIME registration

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Tue Jun 6 08:48:56 PDT 2006

I think that there are two distinct cases here:
1) An application installs a mimetype that is already provided as part
of the system
2) An application installs a collection of mimetypes (1 or more) that it
has installed before already (e.g. update to new version without
uninstall)

Note that these new mimetype defintions may either be identical to the
existing ones or slightly different (different matching rules,
additional translations, etc.).

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman