[Portland] Proposed xdg-utils release schedule

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Thu Jun 8 16:50:19 PDT 2006

Yes, we are just ramping up on this test suite here at Intel.
Wrt testing there will be several classes of tests, some of them could
be part of "make test":

1) Automated tests that do not depend on a running X server
2) Automated tests that depend on a running X server
3) Test that will require manual feedback

Ideally resulting tests will also be usable for LSB testing
requirements.

We don't like 3) but it might be diffult to properly check correct
functionality in a structured way without it.

Anyway, 1) seems fitting for "make test", I'm not sure about 2), and
tests in the 3) category are proably not suitable.

Do you have anything lined up for "make test" beyond what is currently
in CVS?

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman