[Portland] SuSE's xdg-menu

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Wed Jun 14 14:57:25 PDT 2006

Note that "xdg-mime query" is for runtime usage, should that be split
out into "xdg-query-mime" then? What about "uninstall" ?

Maybe we should come up with a better phrase for "desktop icon" to
remove the confusion with "icon": What about "desktop item" or "desktop
launcher"?
Currently xdg-desktop is not restricted to *.dekstop files but can also
install documents such as README's.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman