[Portland] xdg-utils - allowing for distro overrides

Banginwar, Rajesh rajesh.banginwar at intel.com
Wed Mar 15 01:49:49 EET 2006

One issue I see with this approach is when ISVs like to use their
version of tools (for any reason) instead of taking the distro specific
ones. In general, I would suggest not forcing the issue here. Let the
ISV find their solution. They can install their tools in /opt/<ISV>
location and hardcode the paths if necessary.

Thanks,

-Rajesh