[Portland] Current plan summarized

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Wed Mar 15 12:47:39 EET 2006

I'm still not convinced regarding the static linking of the interface
library. We have not discussed this thoroughly and perhaps it's too
early to decide. I think there are two options here:

1) Standardize protocol, socket locations, dapi-daemon startup-scripts...
2) Standardize the API of a dynamically linked dapi-client library (You
can still have convenience wrappers for C++,...), hiding all the IPC
complexity.

At the moment i would prefer the second option.

Reagards,
Norbert