[Portland] Current plan summarized

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Wed Mar 22 16:17:58 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 08:43 -0500, Ian Murdock wrote:
> I still have this nagging feeling we're making this more
> complicated than it needs to be. What is being done in the DAPI
> library that couldn't otherwise be done with a set of
> scripts? With a script based approach, you don't have to worry
> about ABIs at all, and trust me, if there's a way to do this
> without having to worry about ABIS, you want to go that route.

Sorry, I'm catching up on this list in reverse chronological order,
and I see this was the subject of some debate last week. Feel
free to ignore me till I do some reading up in the list archives.
What I'm looking for here is a use case that can't be solved
by a simple script. Jeremy alluded to something VFS related in one
of his responses, so I'm guessing someone has described one
somewhere. I'll follow up once I've done a bit more homework here.

-ian
--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590