[Portland] Building Dapi/KDE on XandrOS

Dragos dragosmg at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 31 01:34:08 EEST 2006

  Hi,

  I tried building the code available for the project
on XandrOS and I have encountered few problems, one
not solved yet:

  1. I had to remove the -Werror flag so DAPI builds.
  2. Again for DAPI I had to define QT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE
so I can avoid the redefinition of INT32. The problem
is that it is defined by both X11's Xmd.h and QT's
qglobal.

  Now the problem that I haven't solved yet:

  When I am trying to build the Dapi/KDE I get a link
error saying that :

"/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXinerama"
(full error at the end of message)

  This seems to be a XFree86 library.

  So here are my questions:

  1. I am using X11, is there any way for me to build
this without using XFree86?

  2. I have built XFree86 already but haven't
installed it yet. Is there a way to just use the
libXinerama on X11? I know it sounds hackish.

  3. Is libXinerama also part of KDE dev libs (and I
do not have a full installation) or some other
project?

  Some forums mentioned that this might me related to
KDE dev libs (for other projects) but I do have them
installed, and XFree86 builds it.

  Thank you,

  Dragos

P.S. Here is more context for the error

/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link g++
-Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500
-D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion
-Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2
-Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
-fno-common    -o dapi_kde -L/usr/lib
-L/usr/share/qt3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib    main.o
handler.o kabchandler.o -lkabc -lkio
../../lib/libdapi.la
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXinerama