[Portland] xdg-screensaver.in

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 9 15:50:07 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 16:02, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Looking at the xset source code[2], it looks like we need an X routine
> like XActivateScreenSaver()[3] but that returns the current saver state
> instead of setting it.  Does XGetScreenSaver return this info in one of
> its args?

apparently if the timeouts given by XGetScreenSaver are 0 then the screensaver
is off. otherwise it's on.

talking to one of the kde/x.org guys (frederik), he noted that while this
works it's pretty hacky and that at some point it needs to be fixed properly
in x.org. they've recently added the ability to programmatically (and safely)
block the screensaver w/out resorting to doing things like faking key events,
but even that hasn't made it into an official release yet. xscreesaver is
still a bit of a mess =)

hth.

--
Aaron J. Seigo