[Portland] DAM-4 / Portland project

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Tue Jun 5 10:52:22 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Next week is the Desktop Architects Meeting at the Googleplex in
Mountain View, CA.  We have a slot in the agenda for an update on the
Portland project.

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Desktop_Architects_Meeting_4

It is difficult to tell from the registrations at this point what our
representation will be from developers that have been working directly
on the Portland project.  I know there have been good things happening
in the last 6 months.  The xdg-utils relating to Portland are being
included in distributions and development kits.  I know the architects
would be interested in current development around phase 2 of the project
(cross-desktop services).

Anybody on this list planning to attend DAM-4?  Would be great to bring
the architects up to speed on current developments, issues, and resource
needs.  Whether you will attend DAM-4 or not, there is a very short
preparation slide set that would be very helpful for covering Portland
at the meeting.

http://developer.osdl.org/dev/dtl/dam4/prep_template_dam4.odp

Waldo/Kevin have covered this material in the past.  If you guys or
others would like to do this for DAM-4, it would be great.  We will need
this information by June 7 in order to get it into the agenda.

Thanks in advance.  Hope to see some of you at the Googleplex next week.

Cheers,
John