[Portland] Root/Sudo Access

Lucas Smithen lucas at transgaming.com
Thu Jun 28 08:21:19 PDT 2007

Hello All,

I am currently working to design an application that may at times
require root/sudo access.  However, as far as I can tell there are
different ways to do this depending on the end users distribution and
window manager.  It has been suggested by a colleague that this
functionality was planned to be included in the Portland Project but was
pushed off due to its complexity.  Could anyone give me some information
on why it may have been pushed off and if plans are still in the works
to implement such a creature?

Cheers
 - Lucas