[Portland] xdg-desktop-menu doesn't work on Xandros Professional 4.2

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:04:42 PDT 2007

Hi,
  I tried to use xdg-desktop-menu to install some desktop files on Xandros
Professional 4.2, but failed.
  Xandros uses KDE so /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications-merged is used to
store the menu file, but even I copy the menu file into this directory, it
still doesn't work. After checking an existing menu file, I found that
Xandros uses a slightly different menu file format, which requires a special
menu name section, like:

<Menu>
  <Name>Applications</Name>
  <Menu>
    <Name>Xandros</Name>
    <Menu>
    </Menu>
  </Menu>
</Menu>

The menu file won't work if the "Xandros" menu level is removed.

Do you have any idea on how to fix it?

Regards
James Su