[Portland] change xdg-open to use kde-open in kde4

Dave Greengas dave.greengas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:40:42 PDT 2009

I was trying out Ubuntu One in kde 4 and I noticed that it uses xdg-open to
open the Ubuntu One folder. This does not work in KDE4. It incorrectly tries
to use generic_open which fails to open directories since their mime type is
identified as application/octet-stream.

I added a check in kde_open to see if kde4-config is present. If it is, then
I execute kde4_open instead of kde_open. The new function uses the kde4
command kde-open to open the file/location specified in the command line.