[Portland] getting icon + list of (non-default) openers for mime type?

Lara Michaels laramichaels1978 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 19:13:22 PST 2010

hi (is this mailing list alive? archives are nearly empty : ) )

I've figured out how to use xdg-mime to get the MIME type of a file, but now I'd like to:

- get the list of applications registered to open a given file/MIME type (*beyond* the default app, which I can get through "xdg-mime query default")

- get the paths to the icon (or icons at different sizes) for a given MIME type (I thought xdg-desktop-icon would do this, but I was wrong).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

~lara