Fwd: [Promotion] Rolling up things

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Dec 18 14:25:59 PST 2006

<quote who="Thilo Pfennig">

> Jeff, i did not suggest that we take forces away from software development
> of each project just to sit together and hold hands what I rather
> suggested was to cooperate not also on the technical level but also on
> marketing

Note: It's your suggestion about marketing that I was responding to, rather
than 'software development'.

> because all will benefit if we are not seen as competitors.

... again, why? This is the thing I'm asking questions about, and what you
have not answered. Competition has done wonderful things for us. As has our
collaboration. It's a new kind of answer -- we don't need to be strangled by
the patterns and expectations of the past.

Thilo: Tell me why (costly) collaboration on marketing issues is going to be
of more benefit than (cheaper) focus on our own awesomeness. I'm not keen to
read another essay answering a totally different question, though. :-)

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

    "It's like having someone say to you, 'You should get back together
     with your first wife. You guys were good together'. It's not that
                  simple." - David Byrne on Talking Heads