[Promotion] wake up... a news portal for free software?

Quim Gil qgil at desdeamericaconamor.org
Fri Feb 10 01:51:36 PST 2006

En/na Thilo Pfennig ha escrit:
> I just have to state that
> the current range of our "messages" is bad, bad, bad.

I fully agree with you. Not sure if the solution to this problem is a
new news portal though.

If the aim is to create something like a press agency to impact the
media we need to be conscious off the effort it takes. I'm journalist. I
see the average resources and skills an average free software project
has. I see ongoing initiatives followed by the media like NewsForge,
Slashdot, The Register, eWeek. And I get to the conclusion that we
better improve our on skills/resources/strategies to make us more
noticeable in those media with our own words.

For instance, talking from a GNOME perspective I think that before
contributing to a common media project we better invest our energies
first in the improvement of the information we and our projects
generate. If we don't solve the poblem in the source how can we
contribute good content to a common media?

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org