[Promotion] Introduction

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sat Jan 21 04:23:24 PST 2006

Ahoy,

I'm a long-time KDE user, I do promo and marketing work within the KDE
project. I've some press experience from my freelance writing, a short stint
as a press officer at aKademy 2004 and lots of media work and training as an
activist. Other than that look here: http://tom.acrewoods.net/about

I'm really happy this list has been setup because I'm mostly passionate about
free software, and I'm keen to promote the free desktop rather than a bundle
of particular products or Linux or BSD or whatever.

I'm also convinced that it makes no sense for big projects like KDE and GNOME
to do our marketing research in isolation. Let's work together so we can
better understand how to position ourselves as two projects that both compete
and cooperate, that are often visible to some end users as a single entity
both on promotion and technical grounds but that present important
differences to other decision makers.

I'd also like to find more ways for other projects to collaborate in
developing tools like SpreadKDE, which is my personal hobby horse ;)
http://www.spreadkde.org

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,
please e-mail me at: telex4 at yahoo.com