[Promotion] Women in FLOSS day?

Thilo Pfennig tpfennig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:16:11 PST 2006

Hi, I want to suggest that we try to announce a common "Women in
FLOSS"-day. I think this could be make more vital by the groups:
Ubuntu Women, Debian Women, KDE Women, GNOME Women, Fedora Women ,...

This could be a day of action and may rise much more public awareness
for both: Free/Libre Open Source as well as for Womens issues. The
problem is that women are a minority, but many women are less
minority. If they are few and if the argument like the ones on
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen are the right one, that it would be
good if many women in FLOSS projects would meet to discuss and act.

And I think that this will also be to the benefit of the awareness for
a free desktop. I think free software is also emancipation! :-)

Thilo

--
Blog: http://vinci.wordpress.com
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tpfennig