[polypaudio-discuss] Problem with Firefox

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Thu Apr 6 04:42:23 PDT 2006

Timo Harmonen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm really impressed with polypaudio! I've been searching
> for a usable networked audio solution for my thin client
> setup. Esd works but hangs far too often.
>
> I've configured polypaudio version 0.7 as an Esd replacement.
>
> Problem is that I cannot get Firefox working, see log
> attached below. Gnome and mplayer work just fine.

Since firefox doesn't have any built in sound support, I assume you're
using some form of plugin that's supposed to make noise. How are you
connecting this to the esound protocol? esddsp?

> Also I cannot checkout development version:
>
>  > svn checkout svn://seth.intheinter.net/polypaudio/trunk polypaudio
>  > svn: Can't connect to host 'seth.intheinter.net': Connection refused

The repository has moved and the page hasn't been updated. Current
locacation:

svn://svn.0pointer.de/polypaudio/

--
Pierre Ossman                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio AB                    Web: http://www.cendio.com