[polypaudio-discuss] Some patches

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon Jun 5 02:19:22 PDT 2006

Attaching a couple of patches for SVN.

The first one modifies libpolyp's clock interpolation, so that it
correctly interpolates instead of updating the ipol_timestamp on each
get_time request.

It also add some code paths to a) Try and ensure time doesn't advance
past the moment when a stream is corked b) Not to advance the time past
the current client-side write/read pointer - to avoid time advancing
further than the client has written/read. I'm not sure if that is
correct behaviour - should the server side clock be advancing anyway?

At http://noraisin.net/~jan/gst/polyp/clock-jitter-raw.polyp.gnumeric
you can find some charts showing the difference in clock output with
this patch attached. Also, please take a look at the 3rd chart in the
file, which shows a plot when using a 50ms period size in the client. It
clearly shows that there are still artifacts at 10ms intervals, which I
guess is based on the period that libpolyp is requesting timing updates
from the server. I'm not sure how to fix those yet.

The 2nd patch is some small cleanups for gst-polyp. The most important
is removing gst_tag_list_free from the event handler - the tag list is
owned by the event and will be freed when the event is.

Let me know if you've any questions.

Cheers,
Jan.

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net

Open Source Software: Free as in Free Speech, not Free Beer