[pulseaudio-discuss] Networked Audio on Win32

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Wed Nov 29 07:47:58 PST 2006

Jens Ehrich wrote:
> That's too bad - so far PA was my only hope of getting this working.  I
> guess I'm going to have to finally learn Linux after all ;)
>
> One last stupid question:  Where can I find out more about what sort of
> functionality PA *does* offer win32 users?  I would still like to learn
> more about it, even if it doesn't solve my immediate problem.

Well most of it works. The rtp modules haven't been ported, and the
daemon console prompt doesn't work. But other than that it should all
work. In other words, the limitations aren't large enough that anyone
has bothered to write them down. ;)

I don't think there are any Windows applications that use the client
library yet, so right now it's more or less about running a pulse server
on that OS.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman            OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
System Developer         Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00