[pulseaudio-discuss] Initial volume with pa_stream_connect_playback

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:57:35 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been looking at the source for paplay and playing around with it
a little bit, and no matter what I pass in with the --volume option
the volume of the audio seems to be the same.  It looks like paplay
takes the volume argument and uses it to specify the initial volume
when calling pa_stream_connect_playback.  Is this a bug in that
function, or am I just not understanding what should be happening?

I'm working with the source from the PulseAudio 0.95 release, btw.

-Seth