[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio and Ekiga

Zoho Vignochi zoho.vignochi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:35:16 PDT 2007

Hello,

I use pulse audio on debian unstable and every thing works great. Well,
almost everything. I can't get ekiga (a voip application) to play nice.
I have an internal sound card which is set as the system default and I
use ekiga through a usb headset.

I asked on the ekiga mailing list and they suggested that I use
a .asoundrc

pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}

pcm.!default {
    type pulse
}

ctl.!default {
    type pulse
}

a la http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup. And then in ekiga set the
sound device as default. Following those instructions I can get ekiga to
output sound via the speakers when pulseaudio is running (whereas before
it produced no sound) but of course the mic doesn't work (which is on
the headset).

What I want is that the system default sound device is the internal
sound card but the default for ekiga is the headset.

As of now I have top kill pulseaudio when I want to make a call. ANy
help would be much appreciated.

Zoho

for reference here are my ~/.pulse/[client.conf  daemon.conf
default.pa]

# User ~/.pulse/daemon.conf configuration file for pulseaudio

> ## Autospawn daemons?
> autospawn = 1

# User ~/.pulse/daemon.conf configuration file for pulseaudio

> ## Configuration file for pulseaudio clients. Default values are
> ## commented out.  Use either ; or # for commenting
>
> ## Daemonize after startup
> daemonize = 1
>
> ## Quit if startup fails
> fail = 1
>
> ## Renice the daemon to level -15 and try to get SCHED_FIFO
> ## scheduling.
> high-priority = 1
>
> ## Terminate the daemon after the last client quit and this time
> ## passed. Use a negative value to disable this feature.
> exit-idle-time = 20
>
> ## The resampling algorithm to use. .
> resample-method = trivial
>
> ## Create a PID file in /tmp/pulseaudio-$USER/pid.
> use-pid-file = 1

# User ~/.pulse/default.pa configuration file for pulseaudio