[pulseaudio-discuss] Jitter problem with pulseaudio and ekiga

Zoho Vignochi zoho.vignochi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 14:50:46 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have pulseaudio running and have set up ekiga to use ALSA as the
default plugin with an .asoundrc set to default type as pulse. So far so
good.

The problem is as soon as I place a test call the jitter buffer
overflows and I hear only a second of speech and then nothing. I also
can't disconnect the call and have to kill ekiga.

I reported this on the ekiga mailing list along with debug output from
ekiga. It was suggested that I report the issue here as it seems that
pulseudio is introducing too much latency for ekiga.

Suggestions?