[pulseaudio-discuss] mplayer?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Aug 27 05:43:07 PDT 2007

On Tue, 31.07.07 21:08, Adam Goode (adam at spicenitz.org) wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Is it time to ping the mplayer list again? It's been just about 1 year
> since
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-July/044630.html=
> =2E
>
> The reason I bring it up is that
> http://0pointer.de/public/mplayer-pulse.patch no longer seems to cleanly
> apply to mplayer svn.
>
> As PulseAudio gains traction, it seems more likely that the mplayer guys
> will accept a patch?

I would be happy if someone else takes this up. I responded to every
single issue the mplayer people had, but in the end I got no reaction
besides some childish complaining about the PA name change.

This stuff will stay on my TODO list, but somewhere near the very
end. And the list is huge. mplayer is not part of fedora. Since my
current job is getting PA to rock in fedora, this is thus no priority
for me.

If you want to see the pa patch in mplayer proper anytime soon, then
look for someone else capable to work on it. It's free software, it's
basically done, it just needs cleanups and more communication with the
mplayer people.