[pulseaudio-discuss] Splitting a sound card

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Wed Aug 29 03:52:21 PDT 2007

	Hello,

I have read the FAQ, where it is described how to join several sound cards
into one output. What I would like to do is the opposite:

	I have a 4-channel sound card, and I would like to use it as two
independent sinks, with two channels each (for example, one for the speakers,
and the second one for the headphones). I want (for example) ekiga to send an
"incoming call ringtone" to both outlets, while the rest of the call
should go to the headphone outlet only.

	Can you help me with this setup, preferably by posting a sample
configuration? I thought about loading module-alsa-sink twice, each time
with different parameters (maybe channel_map?).

	Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |