[pulseaudio-discuss] default sink

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Dec 17 08:29:34 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 01:23:53AM -0500, Ritesh Kumar wrote:
> That works. However, now it seems that the current default sink is also used
> for any new sink-inputs. I was hoping that the client would be associated to
> the default sink when it connected and any new sink-inputs from the client
> always went to that sink. Seems more intuitive, doesn't it?

I'd say the intuitiveness depends on whether one's intuition
says that the client connects to a sink (routing decision
done at client connection time) or to the pulseaudio daemon
(routing decision done at stream creation time). The
asynchronous client API supports the view that client
connects to the daemon, because the desired sink is supplied
only when creating a new stream.