[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Network Audio Devices

Richi Plana richip at richip.dhs.org
Sun Dec 30 16:31:27 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 23:53 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Richi Plana wrote:
> >> Yup "stream died" at the client end, but it corresponds to the "protocol
> >> error" at the server end.
> >>
> >> So something isn't working with regards to my patches :(
> >>
> >> It worked OK for me, but that's not overly helpful for you.
> >>
> >> Unless Lennart pops up to correct #192 (the ticket to which I attached
> >> my patch - unless it was #193 - I can't remember right now :)) then I'll
> >> try to do more testing myself in the next few days (tho' Jan 1st is a
> >> right off in terms of concious thought :))
> >
> > Thanks. I just wish I could be more involved. This is what I found out,
> > though. On the "server" side,
> > pulsecore/protocol-native.c:protocol_error() gets called first from this
> > part:
> >
> > if (!pa_tagstruct_eof(t)) {
> >     protocol_error(c);
> >     return;
> > }
> >
> > around line 1418 of protocol-native.c. It then gets called 3 times from:
> >
> > if (!pa_tagstruct_eof(t)) {
> >     protocol_error(c);
> >     return;
> > }
> >
> > around line 1246 of protocol-native.c.
> >
> > Anything I can do to help debug?
>
> Well I've just been poking around myself and finding my way. There is a
> bit in the code where module-tunnel.c where for protocol versions >=12
> add some extra flags....
>
> Actually can you check to see if any of your other patches changes
> module-tunnel.c - one of the older patches hacked the value of
> PROTOCOL_VERSION to the hardcoded value of 11 - if so please don't apply
> this patch as my one supercedes it (although I don't think this would
> actually break things, I could be wrong)

Yes! Finally ... audio through tunnel. It was this patch in Rawhide that
hardcoded the protocol value to 11 (from PROTOCOL_VERSION):

Patch3: pulseaudio-0.9.8-unbreak-tunnels.patch

I've removed it and now audio comes out through tunnel. Multicast still
comes in spurts, but I'm happy (for now). I guess I'll wait for Lennart
to sort out the patches on Rawhide.

Thanks once again.
--

Richi Plana