[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound transfer

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 6 05:59:24 PST 2007

On Fri, 02.02.07 13:18, Loris Boillet (lb at 2m.dk) wrote:

> Machine B (192.168.21.0):
>   1. export PULSE_SERVER=192.168.20.1
>   2. pulseaudio -nC
>         load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=alsa
>         load-module module-rtp-recv sink=alsa
>         set-sink-volume alsa 0x10000
>         set-sink-mute alsa 0
>
> Then different tries on A:
>   aplay sound.wav
>   paplay sound.wav
>   alsaplayer sound.wav
>
> But I don't get any sound on B. if I try:
> play-file /path/to/somesound.wav in B's pulse tty, I have sound, so B's
> sink is OK I guess.
>
> What am I missing? Any help would be much appreciated !

Please check if any RTP packets are sent on the network (wireshark!)
and whether the receiver side of PulseAudio picks up the RTP
session. To check that, run "pulseaudio -v" and check whether anything
related to RTP/SAP is printed.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/