[pulseaudio-discuss] Fwd: Pulse Audio Sample Cache & resampling

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 14 11:55:18 PST 2007

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> I've done some testing and for resampling 8 seconds of float data
> from 96kHz to 44.1kHz I measured the following times:

I've just updated my figures:

   Speex resampler quality 5  : 0m0.611s
   Speex resampler quality 10 : 0m2.663s
   SRC fastest Sinc           : 0m0.562s
   SRC medium Sinc            : 0m1.124s
   SRC best Sinc              : 0m3.773s

> I've got some preliminary spectrograms here:

And now provide separate spectrograms for the speex resampler at
quality 5 and 10:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/speex_resampled_q10.png
    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/speex_resampled_q5.png

>     http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/SRC_best_sinc.png