[pulseaudio-discuss] Upcoming Core Changes

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jul 11 16:51:44 PDT 2007

On Sat, 30.06.07 09:52, Justin Tulloss (jmtulloss at gmail.com) wrote:

> I know that there are many changes coming up with the core changing to a
> lock-free architecture. I was curious as to the what the time line was for
> that and if we should take precautions when designing new modules. Also, the
> API for both clients and modules is stable at this point, right?

The module API is not stable.

Timeline is: it's done when its ready. My employer wants to see this
in Fedora 8, so I am trying to follow their schedule.

The internal API is now very much in flux. In the "lennart" branch the
module-oss is the only non-trivial module that has been fully ported
and that can show you how new modules should look like.

Unfortunately everything is very unstable right now, both the code and
the internal module API, sorry for that.

We will maintain compatibility with the current client API/ABI.