[pulseaudio-discuss] Automatically create ALSA devices

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:02:48 PDT 2007

hi,

Once the time will come, I expect HAL to give you the ALSA "virtual device
name" with the right arguments directly.
That would also help bluez, and ffado.
Do you see the need for the configuration file in this case?

I pastbin'ed some time ago a diff for HAL spec.
http://pastebin.ca/519493

regards,

PS: The UI that will offer you the ALSA device will probably never come, for
many reasons!

--
Marc-André Lureau, GSmartMix