[pulseaudio-discuss] temporary vs persistent state data

Damon Harper dl+ at usrbin.ca
Mon Jul 16 16:42:47 PDT 2007

hello lennart -

i certainly understand that it's low-priority - i actually haven't
given it any further thought myself since sending the message, though
i think i should set up some symlinks or something for now.

i will certainly file it as a bug report.

since then i've actually had problems with a couple of programs - the
game wesnoth (wesnoth.org) loses its audio or locks up if i have pulse
set up as the default alsa module, and there's an already-known
problem with alsaplayer.  i worked around it for now by running pulse
overtop of alsa dmix, though that's less than ideal.  still love pulse
itself - i will have to file a bug report on the wesnoth problem as
well, though i don't really have a lot to go on.

-damon