[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio on the XO

Simon Schamijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jul 23 06:07:53 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have put up a site where I posted my tests on using pulseaudio within
the OLPC environment.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pulseaudio

Please feel free to add and comment.

What I am a bit puzzled about is the gstreamer section. When using alsa
  or native clients I can run pulseaudio with sr=44100Hz on the XO.
When it comes to use csound, gstreamer or the sdl-mixer I have to go
down to 22kHz and you have to use large buffers in both csound and
sdl-mixer to avoid clicking. This seams not to help with gstreamer. When
gstreamer is connected you have mostly a click at the beginning of the
playback.

I changed the fragment settings of the ALSA module of pulseaudio and
tried to change the buffer settings in gstreamer as well.

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/olpc/guitcello.ogg ! oggdemux !
vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! 'buffer-size=2048'

add-autoload-sink output module-alsa-sink device=plughw:0,0 rate=22050
sink_name=output fragments=12 fragment_size=1024

No luck so far. More details on the tests can be found on the wiki side.
Maybe someone here has an idea what else I could try.

Best,
    Simon