[pulseaudio-discuss] ALSA Sink to ALSA Alias

Vasili Sviridov vsviridov at exceede.com
Wed Jul 25 11:27:22 PDT 2007

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 12.07.07 10:35, Vasili Sviridov (vsviridov at exceede.com) wrote:
>

>> That was one of the things I've tried, but i get the errors along the
>> lines of pcm_dev_open : no such device 51to20.
>>
>> I've looked into the sink source, but it's too alsa-specific, i have no
>> clue as per what's going on there...
>>
>> btw, my alsa is self-compiled (ubuntu's version has some bugs to it),
>> could that be causing any trouble?
>>

> You might have difficulties with your self-compiled alsa using
> different config files than the system ones.
>
> Lennart

I'll try to see the difference... But for some reason Ubuntu Feisty's
ALSA's LIBDIR compile option is set to /libdir and not something real,
like /usr/lib/alsa... so all the alsa plugins are install in proper
folder, but alsa tools fail to see them, so I had to recompile it.
alsa-libs only, I would assume that the configs were not changed.

Thanks,
V.