[pulseaudio-discuss] Remembering volume setting for an app

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:30:45 PDT 2007

Could it be related to this? I have multiple ALSA output devices. In
Pulse Volume control they are all named ALSA Playback in the Stream
display. This is confusing and different names should be used.

If I right click and select move stream I can see the right name like:
ALSA PCM on hw:1 (USB audio)
But even this is confusing with multiple USB audio devices.

I have a single PC feeding a whole house audio system. It has six
identical USB audio out devices on it which go to the input of the
multi-room amp. The rooms have a keypad to select which input is
playing. I feed six different streams into the USB devices. Plus I use
the motherboard hardware for desktop use.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com