[pulseaudio-discuss] Native mythtv backend

Wade Berrier wberrier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:53:03 PDT 2007

I finished a proof of concept audio output using the 'simple' api...
course a/v is out of sync.

Since fixing the alsa output plugin in myth is trivial (see
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3598), I'm not sure there's any
reason to do native pulse out using the non-simple api.  (I noticed
that the CoreAudio output driver is asynchronous, although it is sort
of a hack around the audiooutput api in myth).

It would be nice to be able to capture from pulseaudio (native or via
alsa) for analog streams, but that will take some architectural
changes to use alsa or pulse for input.  For some reason padsp isn't
working with mythbackend for recording audio.

Wade