[pulseaudio-discuss] Zeroconf-publish fails to run

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Sun Mar 4 11:00:32 PST 2007

Hi all,

I've been trying to get pulseaudio to run on both my laptop (which works
fine) and my desktop with audio going between the two via the network.

Although network sound works manually, my desktop doesn't show up in
either the tray icon utility nor in the Avahi Zeroconf Browser.

module-zeroconf-publish.c: avahi_entry_group_add_service_strlst():
Invalid service name

And here is the "s->service_name" on my desktop when calling the
previous function:
"ALSA PCM on default (ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback) on stratos"

It looks a lot like bug #39

Going through the whole code with gdb, I can trace this call from pulse
down to avahi, down to dbus (that's the further my debugger would go,
for some unknown reason) which then returns the error up.

Is there a possibility that dbus and/or avahi doesn't like such names?

Thanks in advance for any pointers, I'll gladly post any info/debug I
can provide.

Rémi